Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Sayles, Scott SAXONHQ" <Sa...@Saxonmtg.com> on 2000/11/16 20:33:09 UTC

multipart requests / request attributes and forwarding

Hello,

I'm facing a small dilema.  I've created a struts action class that handles
requests for uploading files.  I'm creating some action errors using the
standard struts method in which the action errors are added to an action
errors object and is forwarded to a page that is using the <struts:errors/>
tag.  When the request is forwarded to the page, the tag (I assume) is not
able to handle the request attribute to get the errors.  It seems like the
request attributes are not excluded from the multipart request format.  I'm
getting a "page cannot be displayed" meesage from the browser.  When I take
out the tag, the page comes up fine.  I could probably just make a single
specific error page or put the errors into the session scope, but perhaps
there's a more elegant solution to handle this?  Perhaps, I'm missing
something?  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Scott