Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/06 21:50:33 UTC

v0.4-incubating adding Seam Config (xml config)

It's been a 10 on our list for awhile but we haven't done it yet. Thoughts
on adding it to v0.4? It would be a straight port from what we have in Seam
3 with package name changes. It's currently the only implementation in
existence (that we know of) of the older xml config that was to be part of
spec but was later pulled.

--
Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com

Software Engineer
Open Source Advocate

PGP key id: 926CCFF5

Re: v0.4-incubating adding Seam Config (xml config)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
i get it but why i said it is i like the fact you can't use any xml file to
change injections. However sometimes that's cool (change an address, a
port...) so i'd prefer to be able to say "ok let's change injection from
config but do it only where i said it was allowed".

- Romain

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hmm, nope not really.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.
Nice idea, I've had a few people come to me and say "we have a spring xml configuration, how do we do the same for CDI". This would be an easy answer for them!

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hmm just another idea:

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
for me a separate module sounds logical but nothing blocks to make it part
of the core since each extension can be activated using
configsourceproviders of DS

- Romain

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
i agree with mark.

@ antoine:
that's not the only part which crashes with candi.
(we contacted them multiple times - so they are welcome to join the effort
at any time.)

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Sabot-Durand <an...@sabot-durand.net>.

Posted by Pete Muir <pm...@redhat.com>.
+1 to adding it from me.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1

I'd do this as own module. It's really usable for some use cases but others do not need it at all.

I'd also go for more regular expressions in the configuration.  That's something I did in my small interdyn extension where I'm able to configure all .*ServiceImpl classes as intercepted with some annotation.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Marius Bogoevici <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1