Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2004/03/03 09:45:52 UTC

RE: patch to Enhance CIncludeTrasnformer to handleencodingofparameters

Bruno Dumon wrote:

> > How to determine most properly the encoding of the events
> or the input
> > source I do not precisly know.
> > java.sun.com is down from my location so one half of my brains is
> > blocked. If it's back I try to search.
> >
> > Maybe someone on the list knows ?
>
> You just need to choose something. I don't think SAX provides
> information about the encoding of the original document. Always using
> UTF-8 should be a safe choice.

Thanks Bruno.

Marco, what do you think? Would UTF-8 work for you?

Carsten

RE: patch to Enhance CIncludeTrasnformer to handleencodingofparameters

Posted by Marco Dubbeld <ma...@davtec.nl>.
On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 09:45, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
> > > How to determine most properly the encoding of the events
> > or the input
> > > source I do not precisly know.
> > > java.sun.com is down from my location so one half of my brains is
> > > blocked. If it's back I try to search.
> > >
> > > Maybe someone on the list knows ?
> >
> > You just need to choose something. I don't think SAX provides
> > information about the encoding of the original document. Always using
> > UTF-8 should be a safe choice.
> >
> Thanks Bruno.
>
> Marco, what do you think? Would UTF-8 work for you?
Yes, UTF-8 would work. And you are absolutely right in keeping the
startSerializedXMLRecording!

I will come back on the use of XMLUtils and the serialized XML recording
in the AbstractSAXTransformer, because the need to set the encoding in
the transformer for serializing the XML does not make sense, since
everything comes in as string.

Thanks