Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Alan Miller <so...@squareplanet.de> on 2010/05/09 21:16:02 UTC

where job executed

Hi,

I have class that I run on the master node and submits
a bunch of MR jobs to my cluster but how can I tell where
each job actually executed?  I'm using Cloudera's 0.20.2+228.

I don't see any commands or pages in the GUI that tell me this.

Looks like there are some classes that might provide programatic
access to this but as a newbie to hadoop it's kinda hard figuring out
which ones to use since the API changed and there alot of
duplicate/deprecated classes lying around.

Thanks,
Alan

Re: where job executed

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Do you mean where each task run ? You can look at the job tracker web
ui where you can find each job's status and info.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: where job executed

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
InetAddress.getLocalHost() should give you the hostname for each
mapper/reducer