Posted to dev@joshua.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@spicule.co.uk> on 2016/11/25 15:41:31 UTC

Downloading of non ASF licensed code

This may have come up before in the whole licensing chat so apologies if
I'm just going over old ground.

The download-deps.sh file obviously downloads and builds stuff with non ASF
licenses, I realise this is for model training purposes only, and 99.9%
wont care, but should we consider putting a prompt into that script warning
people. I ask because a company might add in the training modules blindly
assuming because the script is distributed by the ASF the modules are also
ASL2.0.

Just a thought.

Tom

--
Tom Barber
CTO Spicule LTD

http://spicule.co.uk

GB: +44(0)5603641316
US: +18448141689

Re: Downloading of non ASF licensed code

Posted by Matt Post <po...@cs.jhu.edu>.
This would be easy to do. Maybe just a simple prompt that alerts the user? Something like

	echo "Warning: this script downloads many tools used in building and running"
	echo "Joshua. Not all of them are Apache Licensed. If you wish to continue, hit Enter".
	read j
	if [[ ! -z $j ]]; then
		echo "Quitting."
	fi