Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/01 16:55:07 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NuttX (Incubating) 10.0.0 [RC0]

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 3:56 PM Brennan Ashton <bt...@apache.org> wrote:
> This is a call for a vote to release Apache NuttX (Incubating) version
> 10.0.0.

+1 (non-binding, to show my support :-)

Thanks to everyone in the NuttX community and Incubator for helping to make
this release possible!

Development system: Linux
(Debian 4.19.0-12-rt-amd64 x86_64)

Verified:
* Signatures
* SHA-512 sums
* Incubating in artifact names
* LICENSE, NOTICE, README.md, DISCLAIMER-WIP present in both tarballs
* Build and run b-g474e-dpow1:nsh configuration successfully
* Release notes LGTM

Dependencies:
* gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major
* kconfig-conf from NuttX tools repository

Other dependencies from Debian packages:
* binutils-dev 2.31.1-16
* bison 2:3.3.2.dfsg-1
* flex 2.6.4-6.2
* gperf 3.1-1
* libelf-dev 0.176-1.1
* libgmp-dev 2:6.1.2+dfsg-4
* libisl-dev 0.20-2
* libmpc-dev 1.1.0-1
* libmpfr-dev 4.0.2-1
* libncurses5-dev 6.1+20181013-2+deb10u2
* libusb-1.0-0-dev 2:1.0.22-2
* libusb-dev 2:0.1.12-32
* openocd 0.10.0+dev-01241-gdadf46f6-dirty
* texinfo 6.5.0.dfsg.1-4+b1

Cheers,
Nathan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NuttX (Incubating) 10.0.0 [RC0]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding) but a lot more needs to be done on the LICENSE and headers

I checked:
- incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- a good start have been made on LICENSE
- NOTICE looks fine
- No unexpected binary files
- More work needs to be done on adding ASF headers

I not sure that using key with a short expiry date is a good idea. Think the problem is that unless the KEYS file is updated regularly it quite possible for someone to get an error message that the key has expired.

Re the notices in NOTICE I think these are probably OK as they could be considered optional, but would be best to try and get the license terms changed. If that can’t be done I would do as suggested double check on legal discuss.

Thanks,
Justin