Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pawan Darira <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/19 08:29:39 UTC

Doubts regarding Multiple Keyword Search

Hi

I am searching for keywords: ad testing (without quotes). I want result
containing both words on the top. But it is giving me results containing
words: ad test. Is it correct or any logic behind that i.e. will it consider
the word "test" also ?

Please help

Pawan Darira

Re: Doubts regarding Multiple Keyword Search

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
The analysis stack for the text type includes the PorterStemmer. A
'stemmer' uses algorithms to trim similar words back to a base word.
In this case, it removes 'ing' from the end of 'testing'. This means
that 'test' and 'testing' are indexed exactly the same, and searching
for one will find the other.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com