Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Tres Finocchiaro <tr...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/26 06:41:31 UTC

embedded fonts

Hi, I'm the author of qz-print and for our next release, we're switching
from pdf-renderer to pdf-box.

Things are working pretty well in terms of integration, however I've
noticed that fonts seem to render a bit off on some platforms.

After investigating this, I decided to make the output a bit more verbose
and go this:

INFO: Couldn't load VYQQAT+Arial, using font Arial instead
> INFO: Couldn't load QTPJOZ+TimesNewRoman, using font Times New Roman
> instead

>From my research the ABCDEF+Font names are embedded fonts, which from my
little experience reading the PDFBOX source code there is some form of
support for embedded fonts.

Reactively, I've created some improved font mapping for Ubuntu (
http://jsfiddle.net/LpBLw/) but I have to ask, am I doing something wrong
that is preventing embedded fonts from loading?

FYI - I compile my program using JDK5.

Here's the source tree I'm working from:
https://github.com/qzindustries/qz-print/tree/master/pdfbox_1.8.4_qz

Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you for the excellent work!

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com

Re: embedded fonts

Posted by Tres Finocchiaro <tr...@gmail.com>.