Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se> on 2007/03/01 18:20:32 UTC

[vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer

Hi all,

Grzegorz Kossakowski has been elected as a new Cocoon committer with 20
positive votes and no negative one. Therefore, congratulations Grzegorz
and welcome abord!

Grzegorz , if you accept your nomination, please get familiar with
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html and send your signed
CLA to the ASF Secretary.

Please also let us know which user id you prefer and what your
forwarding email address is.

/Daniel

Re: [vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 02 March 2007 23:13, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Besides the obvious reasons to rejoice about a new committer,

Hip, hip, Hooray....

> I'm particularly happy as
>
> a) It feels good to have people here who are not even half my age

Ditto...

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Peter Hunsberger napisał(a):
> Now, keep this up and I might just have to withdraw my vote: my Alma
> Mata is the University of Waterloo,  one of the few places in the
> world where you can get a Bachelor of Math; they regularly win a lot
> of comp sci. contests as well and I'd consider them one of the best in
> mathematics! :-p
I knew it's going to arouse controversy... ;)

> I ended up doing mostly theoretical algebra (ring / field theory,
> etc.) since in my day things like asymmetric encryption were just
> starting to take off.  Lots of fun, and I still get to use some of it
> in my work.  Nice to have another mathematician on board, welcome
> again.

Personally, I think that mathematician skills are used always even if
you do not cast mysterious symbols on the paper or proof theorems. It
more about way of thinking.

Thanks for calling me a mathematician, but I'm just student. It's a long
way for me before I can call mathematician myself...

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Peter Hunsberger <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 3/2/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
> > Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> >> Hi all,

<snip/>

First of all, congratulations...

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Bertrand Delacretaz napisał(a):
> Hi Grzegorz,
>
> b) Your first name looks almost harder than my last name for
> english-speaking folks
>
> (all tongue-in-cheek of course ;-)
Yup, good guess. Usually English-speaking people give up after an hour
and kindly ask me if can call me Gregory. Those who like challenges give
up after few hours ;-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Grzegorz,

Besides the obvious reasons to rejoice about a new committer, I'm
particularly happy as

a) It feels good to have people here who are not even half my age
b) Your first name looks almost harder than my last name for
english-speaking folks

(all tongue-in-cheek of course ;-)

Thanks for the introduction, and keep up the good work!

-- Bertrand Delacrétaz

Re: [vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

> Thanks for reaching this moment, I tried to be as succinct as
> possible. A the end, I would like to promise that I will help with
> pushing Cocoon into its gold age as much as the time permits.

Welcome Grzegorz!

Ralph

Re: [vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Reinhard Poetz napisał(a):
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski has been elected as a new Cocoon committer with
>> 20 positive votes and no negative one. Therefore, congratulations
>> Grzegorz and welcome abord!
>>
>> Grzegorz , if you accept your nomination, please get familiar with
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html and send your
>> signed CLA to the ASF Secretary.
>>
>> Please also let us know which user id you prefer and what your
>> forwarding email address is.
>
> congratulations and welcome! Grzegorz, it's also some kind of
> tradition that new committers introduce themselves. We would be
> pleased to read something about you too.

Thanks! :)

I've been little busy with math thus not responding as quickly as the
significance of the situation demands.

To start with, I would like to say "Thank you" to all who voted me, and
especially to Daniel who proposed me as new Cocoon committer. I was
truly surprised as I didn't expect it would happen so swiftly! You seem
to have more confidence in my Java skills than I have myself. ;-)

I've got interested in Cocoon because I've used to work on the project
that demanded lots of XML processing. Unfortunately, that project
collapsed but I decided to stay around Cocoon as I felt it like
something innovative and believed that its gold age is just coming as it
will become web application framework instead of web publishing
framework. When trunk has started to take shape I've decided to give
little help with working on it's new, kicking the ass features.

In meanwhile, I've been admitted to the University of Warsaw,
mathematics as subject. I'm really proud of it, as our department is
considered to be the best of the world on the computer science (in all
algorithmic contests we are just unbeatable...) and one of the best on
the mathematics. Really! I'm boasting here and even do not want to hide
it ;-)
The field of my interest is really broad, I would like to mention only a
small portion:
* quantum theory from mathematician perspective, including models of
quantum computers
* functional languages (how they scale in parallel computing, how
successfully they are in describing processes and algorithms, etc.)
* new approaches on data storage and databases. I'm looking currently on
Stack-Based Approach[1] described by Kazimierz Subieta
* disruptive technologies, how they shape the development and dynamics in IT

All in all, I'm interested in everything that has some connection with
math or computer science and is quite theoretic. I'm also rather young
(20) so have still the time to focus on one subject. As you could
calculate it I was sixteen years old when I first played with Cocoon.
Before that time, I've been also programming games just for fun.

[1] http://sbql.pl/

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: [vote result] Grzegorz Kossakowski as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc