Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Narayana S <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/05 14:40:03 UTC

Extending Struts 2 controls

Hi,

        in my application, i have a requirement of implementing field level
customization, like locking the field, hiding the field etc.. to achieve
this i am planning to extends "struts-tags" tag library functionality. can
any one give any idea of how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Extending Struts 2 controls

Posted by Narayana S <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

          Thanks for reply, let me give more details. i need to apply field
level security to all the form controls. to apply the field customization i
want to extends the custom components provided by struts. for example to
extend i am planning to text field tag *
org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ui.TextFieldTag*, i want to add a new attribute
to the text field tag.

can you tell me, how i can implement this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.