Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/06/01 16:31:46 UTC

Re: There should be a filter spec

On 5/26/06, Joachim Zobel <jz...@heute-morgen.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I need a specification that tells me what a filter must/should and must
> not/should not do. Is there something alike?
>
> My actual problem is that I have a filter that if nothing was modified
> drops all content, sets f->r->status to 304 and sends an eos bucket.
> This works. If I pass the output through mod_transform the browser does
> get a 200 without content instead.
>
> So probably mod_transform is broken. But it is difficult to decide what
> is broken without such a spec.

I've had similar issues lately, it's very unclear how a filter setting
f->r->status or f->r->status_line should act.  Depending on what
modules your working with, that may be enough to get an error out to
the browser, and it may not.  Some specific rules about that sort of
thing would be quite useful...

-garrett