Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Josep A. Perales" <pe...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/24 10:06:54 UTC

Consume webservice with WS-Security signing with certificate in PL/SQL

Hi,

I am trying to consume a SOAP web service that uses WS-Security in PL/SQL,
but the request must be signed with a certificate. That would be easy to do
in Java by using Apache CXF, but regarding on PL/SQL, I haven't found any
particular solution for this (unlike if it is generated just with username
and token, where there are more posts regarding this).

I must read a digital certificate somehow, and after that, generate the
proper request on a PL/SQL procedure (Oracle 11g DB), that is signed with
this certificate. It will invoke a HTTPS url where a web service will be
waiting this request and validate its signed part.

For the time being, the only example I have found more interesting is:

Consuming WS-Security enabled webservices in PL/SQL | ORA600
<http://www.ora600.be/consuming-ws-security-webservices-in-plsql>

where it is explained that because of the fact that invoking directly to a
webservice with ws-security is not possible (as Oracle seems to say), it has
been done by invoking from PLSQL to an external Java proxy who makes the
work... Of course, thus, using CXF libraries in the proxy would be
immediate.

Does anyone know if loading CXF jars in Oracle database is feasible? Has
anyone tried it before..? Or any better solution?

Thanks in advance.