Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by HU...@LILLY.COM on 2001/10/04 18:18:09 UTC

Problems loading channels

My portal would not load this morning and it appeared that Jetspeed was
continually trying to load
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/channels/jetspeed.rss.  I tried
accessing the file directly from the web and it does not appear to loading
into the browser.  I removed the "RSS" portlets from my default.psml and I
am able to go on now.  Does Jetspeed attempt to abandon loading a channel
after a certain period of time?  It appears that it just continually tries
to load the file, and therefore shuts down the entire portal.

Here is the error message

[Thu Oct 04 11:45:39 EDT 2001] -- ERROR -- Invalid SAX
Transformer:org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.URLNotAvailableException:
The following URL is not available because it is considered invalid:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/channels/apache.ocs
[Thu Oct 04 11:45:39 EDT 2001] -- ERROR -- FeedDaemon:  Couldn't process
[Thu Oct 04 11:45:39 EDT 2001] -- ERROR --
        Exception:  java.io.IOException: problem in SAX transform:
org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.URLNotAvailableException: The
following URL is not available because it is considered invalid:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/channels/apache.ocs
        Stack Trace follows:
        java.io.IOException: problem in SAX transform:
org.apache.jetspeed.services.urlmanager.URLNotAvailableException: The
following URL is not available because it is considered invalid:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/channels/apache.ocs
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.util.SimpleTransform.SAXTransform(SimpleTransform.java:525)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.daemon.impl.FeedDaemon.getEntries(FeedDaemon.java:256)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.daemon.impl.FeedDaemon.run(FeedDaemon.java:194)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.daemon.DaemonThread.runDaemon(DaemonThread.java:139)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.daemon.DaemonThread.run(DaemonThread.java:104)

-Jetspeed 1.3a2 10/2 build
-Tomcat 4.0

Re: Problems loading channels

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
I suspect you have a firewall between Jetspeed and the internet.  The
errors are cause when Jetspeed is trying to retrieve content feeds, as
defined in JR.p.

I am not aware of a "Stop retrying to load after n attempts" setting.
Although the attempts to load a page, or feed in this case, should not
"shut down" Jetspeed.

Paul Spencer