Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ONUR TOKAN <ot...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/17 14:24:51 UTC

Auto update managed bean using AJAX

Dear my-faces users,

I am trying to use AJAX with our new JSF project. I wonder is it
possible to update session scoped managed bean by using AJAX. For
example  I have <h:inputText/>
in jsp and correspending variable in its managed bean. I write an ajax
function which calls external servlet, on 'onclick()' event of
inputText.

I use external servlet to access the managed bean using
request.getSession().getAttribute("DynamicComponentBean");

then I change the object. then set in session in approviate way.

however managed ben does't update. Bythe way I have no access to
FacesContext... Any ideas?
thks.