Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yavuz Selim YILMAZ <yv...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/11 09:39:20 UTC

Solr start in server

I have a solr installation on a server. I start it with the help of putty (
with the start.jar). But when I close the putty instance, automatically solr
instance also closes. How can I solve this problem? I mean, I close
connection with server, but solr instance still runs?
--

Yavuz Selim YILMAZ

Re: Solr start in server

Posted by Yavuz Selim YILMAZ <yv...@gmail.com>.
I solved it nohup java -jar start.jar&
Thnx.
--

Yavuz Selim YILMAZ

Re: Solr start in server

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
<yv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use AIX 5.3.
>
> How can I handle?
[...]

Have not used AIX in ages, but this should work, assuming a sh-type of
shell:
  java -jar start.jar > jetty_log.txt 2>&1 &
This will save the output from Jetty to jetty_log.txt. If you do not want to

Re: Solr start in server

Posted by Yavuz Selim YILMAZ <yv...@gmail.com>.
I use AIX 5.3.

How can I handle?