Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by go...@osmosis.gr on 2004/06/14 13:38:12 UTC

Re: [Plan] The future of Cocoon

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> On 26 May 2004, at 10:17, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> > Some things that come to my mind for 2.2:
> > - first finished version of CForms.
> > - deprecate XSP (and provide a viable alternative)
many people talking about "deprecate XSP" but can i ask something?

is any better alternative to produce xml quering databases?

i think that until now the way ESQL-->XML--> any tranfrormation --> ..
has no better alternative

--stavros

Re: [Plan] The future of Cocoon

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
gounis@osmosis.gr wrote:

>On Wed, 26 May 2004, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>

>>On 26 May 2004, at 10:17, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>

>>>Some things that come to my mind for 2.2:
>>>- first finished version of CForms.
>>>- deprecate XSP (and provide a viable alternative)
>>>

>many people talking about "deprecate XSP" but can i ask something?
>
>is any better alternative to produce xml quering databases?
>
>i think that until now the way ESQL-->XML--> any tranfrormation --> ..
>has no better alternative

No there isn't. And until there is, XSP can't be deprecated. Hence
Carsten saying, "and provide a viable alternative".

Upayavira