Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com> on 2009/02/16 17:46:15 UTC

Next Sprint

The first sprint is over and I wanted to start thinking about the next
sprint. I saw that there was some email traffic a while back concerning
using Jira more in the sprints.

I read that David isn't going to have a lot of time for this sprint.
What about Vassil and Darren?

Besides the obvious choice of work on the UI (where we are way behind),
REST API and Twitter API, does anyone else have other suggestions.

D.

Re: Next Sprint

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
I'm working on nothing ESME related until after 2/26.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/dpp
Git some: http://github.com/dpp

Re: Next Sprint

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petteroe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Re: AW: Next Sprint

Posted by Mrinal Wadhwa <mr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Anne.

Re: Next Sprint

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@gmail.com>.
> For example, ESME-6  ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-6 ) is "Support for Twitter API".  Should we break this down into smaller Jira tasks. If you look at the official wiki from twitter (http://apiwiki.twitter.com/REST+API+Documentation), there are already categories ("Status Methods", "User Methods", etc.). That might be easier.
>
> Ideas?

There are definitely more subtasks for a container task like this. I
have to move some of my tasks in my Freemind todo-list to JIRA. I'll
try to do this more regularly.

Re: Next Sprint

Posted by Mrinal Wadhwa <mr...@gmail.com>.
> Does everyone have an account in the Apache Jira?
I do have an account on Jira .. just checked ... my user name is mrinal

_
Mrinal

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Hirsch, Richard <richard.hirsch@siemens.com

Re: AW: Next Sprint

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petteroe <yo...@gmail.com>.

AW: Next Sprint

Posted by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com>.

Re: AW: Next Sprint

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petteroe <yo...@gmail.com>.
I think breaking down the tasks is a great idea!
Smaller Jira tasks go much better together with our hybrid Jira-sprint
model way of working.
The same goes for the web UI, for instance "Partial Implemenation of
User Interface (UI) for the first sprint (Web Interface)" -> I will
break that into smaller tasks later.

/Anne

AW: Next Sprint

Re: Next Sprint