Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2017/12/22 12:17:15 UTC

NetBeans Developer FAQ repository https://github.com/vieiro/nbwiki

Hi all,

I've built a small project to download the NetBeans DevFaq from the
wiki. The project downloads the content ([1]) and then extracts the
WikiText from the pages (at [2]).

This is a small experiment of mine, but may well serve to download some
other parts of the wiki. We could incorporate this to the website
repository somehow.

I'm not very keen on WikiText. I'd prefer to translate that to AsciiDoc
or Markdown, maybe someone wants to experiment with that.

Otherwise we could use some WikiText parser to generate HTML for the
website.

Happy hacking,
Antonio

P.S.: I'm not sure I can host that content @github, may I? If not then
I'll be happy to host it somewhere else.

[1]
https://github.com/vieiro/nbwiki/tree/master/content

[2]
https://github.com/vieiro/nbwiki/tree/master/content-wikimedia

Re: NetBeans Developer FAQ repository https://github.com/vieiro/nbwiki

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

We have wikitools [1] but these transform HTML to WikiText, I think. We
need the other way round.

Un abrazo,
Antonio

[1]
http://hg.netbeans.org/main/contrib/file/tip/other/wikitools

Posted by Ivan Soleimanipour <iv...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

nbwiki$ ls content-wikimedia/ | wc -l
353

That's the DevFaq* entries only.

The project may also download any other wiki index (say the
http://wiki.netbeans.org/NetBeansUserFAQ and then using a "FAQ" prefix
in build.xml) but I have not counted any other indexes.

The NetBeansUserFAQ entries will probably require heavy manual editing,
as many things have changed there, I think.

Un abrazo,
Antonio

Posted by Charles Bedon <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Antonio,

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Re: wiki-export tool (was Re: NetBeans Developer FAQ repository https://github.com/vieiro/nbwiki)

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
I was concerned about tables, but these seem to be working as well [1]!

There's an index of entries in "index.mediawiki" [2], so we could
redirect the NetBeansDeveloperFAQ to that. But I'm not sure it's a good
idea to host this sort of content at github. Looks like abusing github
bandwidth, doesn't it?

Transforming the mediawiki files to asciidoc and publishing those with
Wade's jbake tool shouldn't be that difficult. Maybe it's worth doing.

Cheers,
Antonio

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-tools/blob/master/wiki-export/wiki-wikimedia/DevFaqLibrariesModuleDescriptions.mediawiki