Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/16 20:41:34 UTC

Release artifacts

> Similar mechanism exist for releases, where you place the release
> artifacts in dedicated locations on people.apache.org, and the mirrors
> will pull it from there. (For releases, mirrors are definitely needed)

Niclas,

I'm setting up our documentation site, and I'd like to provide links
to download the previous releases of Pivot (namely 1.0.1, but 1.0 in
the archives too if possible).  What's the mechanism for how we get
the release artifacts out to all mirrors and create pages from which
users can download them?

Thanks,
-T

Re: Release artifacts

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Just chipping in and confirming Martijn's suggestions. Be very clear!
A link to SourceForge project home is Ok, an automatic download link
from SF is not.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Release artifacts

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release artifacts

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
I see - makes sense.  Is there any legal issue with posting
documentation that references prior versions?

-T

Re: Release artifacts

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.