Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/05 16:15:55 UTC

questions about optimizations SOLR-1111,SOLR-1169,SOLR-1179

Hey there,
I have a few questions about the new solr speed and memory imporvements.
They look like at pretty low level but I would like to understand some
stuff...
Sorry if something I say sounds odd. I am trying to optimize couple of
custom components with these new features but not sure if I am in the right
way-

1.-SOLR-111
I have seen there where some memory problems with FieldCache and older
nightly builds. I use it in stats component, field collapsing and for a
custom sort. Is FieldCache working alrite in the last nightly?

2.-SOLR-1169
I have seen that HashDocSet has been replaced by SortedIntDocSet. Is it
already that way in the last nighlty? I am asking because I am testing field
collapsing patch too. A HashDocsSet is being used in there... would be a
good idea with the last nigthly to replace it with a SortedIntDocSet?

3.-SOLR-1179
In my custom component I have a DocList with all docs that match a query
sorted by relevance. I have to iterate over that DocList and its not really
good in performance... Iterate over a DocSet it's much faster but I will not
have the elements sorted by relevance anymore. Is it possible to get them
sorted by relevance with the new SortedIntDocSet?

Thanks in advance

Re: questions about optimizations SOLR-1111,SOLR-1169,SOLR-1179

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.