Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Schoenen, Holger" <ho...@sds-bs.de> on 2007/03/02 15:51:36 UTC

maven-assembly-plugin converts com.xxx - packages to COM.xxx - packages

Hi,

from my project I want to generate an executable jar file. I use java 1.4 on
windows.

As described in the plugin documentation my pom containes the following:
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.4</source>
          <target>1.4</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <descriptorRefs>
            <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
          </descriptorRefs>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

It collects all libraries, the project is depending on (thats good!) and the
java runtime libraries e.g.:
COM.rsa.asn1.SunJSSE_b0.class ... The package starts with capital "COM."!
All further packages starting with standard lower letter names as
"com.sun.mail...." are converted to "COM.sun.mail..."! Probably this is, why
windows file system doesnt distinguish.

Is this a bug?
Is there a work around?
Can I exclude all "COM."-packages?

Thx for help
Holger Schoenen

******************************

Disclaimer:
Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen
enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfänger sind oder diese E-Mail
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender telefonisch
oder per E-Mail und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail aus Ihrem System.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
gestattet.
Wir haften nicht für die Unversehrtheit von E-Mails, nachdem sie unseren
Einflussbereich verlassen haben.

Disclaimer:
not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately by call or e-mail and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.
We are not responsible for the integrity of e-mails after they have left our
sphere of control.

******************************

sds business services GmbH
Stinnes-Platz 1
45472 Muelheim an der Ruhr

Amtsgericht Duisburg, HRB 18564

Geschaeftsfuehrer:
Dr. Bodo Roiko (Vorsitzender)
Albrecht Held
Bernhard Wildt

Re: maven-assembly-plugin converts com.xxx - packages to COM.xxx - packages

Posted by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>.

Hi,

The assembly plugin, by default, unpacks all dependencies into a common
directory hierarchy. If you put <unpack>false</unpack> within the binary
section of your assembly descriptor, the dependencies should be copied
as jars.

It will change the layout of your assembly, but it will save you from
these errors.

HTH,
Rodrigo

Schoenen, Holger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> from my project I want to generate an executable jar file. I use java 1.4 on
> windows.
>
> As described in the plugin documentation my pom containes the following:
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>         <configuration>
>           <source>1.4</source>
>           <target>1.4</target>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-assembly-plugin</artifactId>
>         <configuration>
>           <descriptorRefs>
>             <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
>           </descriptorRefs>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>
> It collects all libraries, the project is depending on (thats good!) and the
> java runtime libraries e.g.:
> COM.rsa.asn1.SunJSSE_b0.class ... The package starts with capital "COM."!
> All further packages starting with standard lower letter names as
> "com.sun.mail...." are converted to "COM.sun.mail..."! Probably this is, why
> windows file system doesnt distinguish.
>
> Is this a bug?
> Is there a work around?
> Can I exclude all "COM."-packages?
>
> Thx for help
> Holger Schoenen
>
> ******************************
>
> Disclaimer:
> Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen
> enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfänger sind oder diese E-Mail
> irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender telefonisch
> oder per E-Mail und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail aus Ihrem System.
> Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht
> gestattet.
> Wir haften nicht für die Unversehrtheit von E-Mails, nachdem sie unseren
> Einflussbereich verlassen haben.
>
> Disclaimer:
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
> not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
> the sender immediately by call or e-mail and destroy this e-mail.
> Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
> e-mail is strictly forbidden.
> We are not responsible for the integrity of e-mails after they have left our
> sphere of control.
>
> ******************************
>
> sds business services GmbH
> Stinnes-Platz 1
> 45472 Muelheim an der Ruhr
>
> Amtsgericht Duisburg, HRB 18564
>
> Geschaeftsfuehrer:
> Dr. Bodo Roiko (Vorsitzender)
> Albrecht Held
> Bernhard Wildt

- --
GRID SYSTEMS, S.A.             Rodrigo Ruiz
Parc Bit - Edificio 17         Research Coordinator
07121 Palma de Mallorca        rruiz@gridsystems.com
Baleares - Spain               Tel: +34 971 435 085
http://www.gridsystems.com/    Fax: +34 971 435 082

Re: maven-assembly-plugin converts com.xxx - packages to COM.xxx - packages

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi Holger,

> It collects all libraries, the project is depending on (thats good!) and
> the
> java runtime libraries e.g.:
> COM.rsa.asn1.SunJSSE_b0.class ... The package starts with capital "COM."!
> All further packages starting with standard lower letter names as
> "com.sun.mail...." are converted to "COM.sun.mail..."! Probably this is,
> why
> windows file system doesnt distinguish.

AFAIK the package COM.rsa.... comes from a standalone JSSE release that was optional for older JDKs; it is contained in the standard JDK/JRE at least since 1.4.

Have you checked whether you have a dependency to this package somewhere in your build?

Cheers

Thorsten