Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by spatel <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/03 19:55:06 UTC

AMQ 5.1 Broken Pipe

I know there were some previous posts about broken pipe exceptions happening
in 5.0.0, and this issue was supposed to be fixed in 5.1. I got this
exception, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this in 5.1 and
their solution. Any suggestions would help too. Thanks!

ERROR 01 Oct 2008 10:38:17
javax.jms.JMSException: Broken pipe
	at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:49)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.onAsyncException(ActiveMQConnection.java:1684)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.onException(ActiveMQConnection.java:1701)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:99)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onException(ResponseCorrelator.java:114)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:99)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:99)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onException(WireFormatNegotiator.java:152)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onException(InactivityMonitor.java:244)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:187)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:84)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:196)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:183)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedOutputStream.flush(TcpBufferedOutputStream.java:106)
	at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.oneway(TcpTransport.java:165)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.oneway(InactivityMonitor.java:233)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:185)
	... 4 more

Re: AMQ 5.1 Broken Pipe

Posted by bears <na...@mjberry.com>.

spatel wrote:

> I know there were some previous posts about broken pipe exceptions
> happening in 5.0.0, and this issue was supposed to be fixed in 5.1. I got
> this exception, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this in
> 5.1 and their solution.

I was surprised to see this in 5.1, too.  Resetting the connection allows my
application to proceed, but I'm interested to know (1) if anyone has any
insight into the underlying cause and (2) if there's a better way of
handling the error condition.

My setup involves a Java application sending JMS messages to an activemq
process running on the same machine.  The Java application also uses JDBC
and RMI connections to other processes on the same machine, but those seem
to be stable.