Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2007/01/04 21:34:37 UTC

HttpURLConncetion JDK bug with HTTP DELETE?

I'm thinking I might have found a bug with the HttpURLConnection class while
doing an HTTP DELETE. When getResponseCode() is called on the connection I
get this:

Caused by: java.net.ProtocolException: HTTP method DELETE doesn't support
output
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(
HttpURLConnection.java:851)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(
HttpURLConnection.java:920)
    at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java
:367)
    at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.getResponseCode(
HTTPConduit.java:369)
    at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.access$0(HTTPConduit.java
:365)
    at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse
(HTTPConduit.java:466)
    at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.doClose
(HTTPConduit.java:457)
    at org.apache.cxf.io.AbstractCachedOutputStream.close(
AbstractCachedOutputStream.java:113)
    at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:257)
    at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor.handleMessage(
MessageSenderInterceptor.java:58)
    ... 23 more

Why in the world getInputStream is calling getOutputStream I have NFI. I've
also tried setting doOutput(false), but then I just get an exception saying
I need to set doOutput(true) for getOutputStream to work!

Anyone have any clue what the key to getting DELETE to work is??

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions