Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org> on 2004/09/11 13:43:22 UTC

Javaflow and passed sitemap parameters

Hello,

I just tried out the Javaflow block.
I wonder how I can access the parameters passed from the sitemap within
my flow methods.

I had a look to o.a.c.c.f.j.JavaInterpreter.callFunction(String
methodName, List params, Redirector redirector).

The javadoc sais, that "params" is made available in the flow class, but
this method(callFunction) never accesses the params variable or passes
it to wherever. So I guess it is not possible atm to access the
variables passed from the sitemap ala cocoon.parameters or similiar?

E.g. getParameter(String name) would be cool in the class
AbstractContinuable.

Is the javaflow block not developed anymore? What is the state of it ?

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Javaflow and passed sitemap parameters

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 12:10, Stephan Michels wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just tried out the Javaflow block.
> > I wonder how I can access the parameters passed from the sitemap within
> > my flow methods.
> >
> > I had a look to o.a.c.c.f.j.JavaInterpreter.callFunction(String
> > methodName, List params, Redirector redirector).
> >
> > The javadoc sais, that "params" is made available in the flow class, but
> > this method(callFunction) never accesses the params variable or passes
> > it to wherever. So I guess it is not possible atm to access the
> > variables passed from the sitemap ala cocoon.parameters or similiar?
> >
> > E.g. getParameter(String name) would be cool in the class
> > AbstractContinuable.
>
> I thought that I already implemented it. Have you looked int the current
> HEAD?

No I used 2.1.5 and it was no option for me to use the trunk. But good
to know anyway.

Thanks.

> > Is the javaflow block not developed anymore? What is the state of it ?
>
> Hmm, yes, I must admit that I have a burnout syndrom from webapps. Im so
> sick of it ;-)

He, I can understand that.

> I only continued the work of Torsten and the brakes peoples, and don't
> wanted to start a new oneman show. The project needs some fresh blood to
> keep alive.

Lets have a look to the trunk...

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 12:10, Stephan Michels wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just tried out the Javaflow block.
> > I wonder how I can access the parameters passed from the sitemap within
> > my flow methods.
> >
> > I had a look to o.a.c.c.f.j.JavaInterpreter.callFunction(String
> > methodName, List params, Redirector redirector).
> >
> > The javadoc sais, that "params" is made available in the flow class, but
> > this method(callFunction) never accesses the params variable or passes
> > it to wherever. So I guess it is not possible atm to access the
> > variables passed from the sitemap ala cocoon.parameters or similiar?
> >
> > E.g. getParameter(String name) would be cool in the class
> > AbstractContinuable.
>
> I thought that I already implemented it. Have you looked int the current
> HEAD?

Ok, it is in the trunk but not in the 2.1.x branch. Does it makes sense
to merge the javaflow of trunk to 2.1.x branch? I would very appreciate
that.

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just tried out the Javaflow block.
> I wonder how I can access the parameters passed from the sitemap within
> my flow methods.
>
> I had a look to o.a.c.c.f.j.JavaInterpreter.callFunction(String
> methodName, List params, Redirector redirector).
>
> The javadoc sais, that "params" is made available in the flow class, but
> this method(callFunction) never accesses the params variable or passes
> it to wherever. So I guess it is not possible atm to access the
> variables passed from the sitemap ala cocoon.parameters or similiar?
>
> E.g. getParameter(String name) would be cool in the class
> AbstractContinuable.

I thought that I already implemented it. Have you looked int the current
HEAD?

> Is the javaflow block not developed anymore? What is the state of it ?

Hmm, yes, I must admit that I have a burnout syndrom from webapps. Im so
sick of it ;-)

I only continued the work of Torsten and the brakes peoples, and don't
wanted to start a new oneman show. The project needs some fresh blood to
keep alive.

Stephan.