Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/05 10:45:27 UTC

NullPointer exception in XSLT transform when JBI assembly is re-started

Hi,

I have noticed that if I attempt to restart a JBI service assembly that
contains a BPEL process with an in-process XSLT transform, then the process
starts throwing a NullPointerException whenever an attempt is made to do the
transform:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.ode.utils.xsl.XslTransformHandler.parseXSLSheet(
XslTransformHandler.java:84)
at org.apache.ode.utils.xsl.XslTransformHandler.cacheXSLSheet(
XslTransformHandler.java:106)
at
org.apache.ode.bpel.elang.xpath10.runtime.JaxenContexts$DoXslTransformFunction.call
(JaxenContexts.java:346)
at org.jaxen.expr.DefaultFunctionCallExpr.evaluate(
DefaultFunctionCallExpr.java:186)
at org.jaxen.expr.DefaultXPathExpr.asList(DefaultXPathExpr.java:112)
at org.jaxen.BaseXPath.selectNodesForContext(BaseXPath.java:688)
at org.jaxen.BaseXPath.selectNodes(BaseXPath.java:227)
at
org.apache.ode.bpel.elang.xpath10.runtime.XPath10ExpressionRuntime.evaluate(
XPath10ExpressionRuntime.java:94)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ExpressionLanguageRuntimeRegistry.evaluate(
ExpressionLanguageRuntimeRegistry.java:80)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.evalRValue(ASSIGN.java:192)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.copy(ASSIGN.java:356)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.ASSIGN.run(ASSIGN.java:79)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor71.invoke(Unknown Source)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:451)
at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU.execute(JacobVPU.java:139)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.execute(
BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:817)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.handleWorkEvent(BpelProcess.java:310)

at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(
BpelEngineImpl.java:311)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl.onScheduledJob(
BpelServerImpl.java:390)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl.doExecute(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:351)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl.access$000(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:65)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl$1$1.call(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:234)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl.execTransaction(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:275)
at org.apache.ode.bpel.scheduler.quartz.QuartzSchedulerImpl$2.call(
QuartzSchedulerImpl.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

The workaround is obviously to undeploy and re-deploy the assembly.

Thanks

Mike Horwitz

Re: NullPointer exception in XSLT transform when JBI assembly is re-started

Posted by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthieu,

I have just had this error again on r553562, so it seems starting and
stopping the Ode component still has some issues with Xsl stylesheets used
in the process.

Thanks

Mike.

Posted by Michael Horwitz <mi...@gmail.com>.