Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Adrian Cumiskey <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/19 14:02:16 UTC

AFP default font character set

Hi all,

I have been looking at adding a new "No Operation" or
<afp:no-operation/> extension to the AFP renderer.  I noticed that by
default (in the absence of any configuration) the AFPRenderer sets up
some base fonts which use the "CZH200  " character set.  This character
set was not available on my IBM Infoprinter setup so I used "C0N20000"
instead and it worked just fine.  I was just wondering if there was any
particular reason why "CZH200  " was chosen?  Is this one of the most
common font character sets that is available?

Adrian.

Re: AFP default font character set

Posted by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 19 July 2007 20:02, Adrian Cumiskey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been looking at adding a new "No Operation" or
> <afp:no-operation/> extension to the AFP renderer.  I noticed that by
> default (in the absence of any configuration) the AFPRenderer sets up
> some base fonts which use the "CZH200  " character set.  This
> character set was not available on my IBM Infoprinter setup so I used
> "C0N20000" instead and it worked just fine.  I was just wondering if
> there was any particular reason why "CZH200  " was chosen?  Is this
> one of the most common font character sets that is available?
>
> Adrian.
It was chosen because the font was available to me at the time and seem
to most closely match the equivalent Base14 fonts. Same applies to the
default monospaced and roman font setup. Any way, it was never the idea
for this to be a useful feature when using AFP in a real IBM
environment. Just a convenience when developing and using the AFPViewer
application.

Manuel