Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/23 15:18:38 UTC

Go CDI only in 4.0?

Hi,

we have some internal SPI like InjectionProvider, which could be used to
inject e.g. Spring Services in JSF internal artifacts ActionListener,
NavigationHandler, ResourceHandler.
Should we remove it? JSF goes CDI more and more.

Spring could still be used for ManagedBeans by custom ELResolver like in
the past.

I would like to remove it, i think its even unused.

Best regards,
Thomas

Re: Go CDI only in 4.0?

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
I would also like to remove our AnnotationProvider, see
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/faces-api/issues/1584

I think SPI like FacesFlowProvider or ResourceLibraryContractsProvider are
not very useful as the mechanism is defined by the specs but not sure if we
should remove it

Re: Go CDI only in 4.0?

Posted by Bill Lucy <wt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,