Posted to user@spark.apache.org by rzykov <rz...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/25 14:25:49 UTC

SPARK 1.1.0 on yarn-cluster and external JARs

We build some SPARK jobs with external jars. I compile jobs by including them
in one assembly.
But look for an approach to put all external jars into HDFS.

We have already put  spark jar in a HDFS folder and set up the variable
SPARK_JAR.
What is the best way to do that for other external jars (MongoDB, algebird
and so on)?

Thanks in advance

Re: SPARK 1.1.0 on yarn-cluster and external JARs

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
You can pass the HDFS location of those extra jars in the spark-submit
"--jars" argument. Spark will take care of using Yarn's distributed
cache to make them available to the executors. Note that you may need
to provide the full hdfs URL (not just the path, since that will be
interpreted as a local path, IIRC).

Also, you may run into SPARK-3560, which has been fixed since but is
not in 1.1.0.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:25 AM, rzykov <rz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We build some SPARK jobs with external jars. I compile jobs by including them
> in one assembly.
> But look for an approach to put all external jars into HDFS.
>
> We have already put  spark jar in a HDFS folder and set up the variable
> SPARK_JAR.
> What is the best way to do that for other external jars (MongoDB, algebird
> and so on)?
>
> Thanks in advance

Marcelo

Re: SPARK 1.1.0 on yarn-cluster and external JARs

Posted by Egor Pahomov <pa...@gmail.com>.
SparkContext.addJar()?

Why you didn't like fat jar way?

> We build some SPARK jobs with external jars. I compile jobs by including
> them
> in one assembly.
> But look for an approach to put all external jars into HDFS.
>
> We have already put  spark jar in a HDFS folder and set up the variable
> SPARK_JAR.
> What is the best way to do that for other external jars (MongoDB, algebird
> and so on)?
>
> Thanks in advance

*Sincerely yoursEgor PakhomovScala Developer, Yandex*