Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Gerber Daniel <dg...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> on 2011/09/05 11:17:55 UTC

German Chunker

Hi all,
I was just wondering if there is an up to date trained Chunker for the German language available. It seems, that on the model website [1] there are only available for the English language. If not, is there a way to train it myself? I also found this blog post [2] which provided a Chunker for german, but this is unfortunately  not compatible with the current OpenNLP version and the corpus used to train the data not available to public audience :(

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Daniel

[1] http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/models-1.5/
[2] http://gromgull.net/blog/2010/01/noun-phrase-chunking-for-the-awful-german-language/comment-page-1/

Re: German Chunker

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 9/5/11 11:17 AM, Gerber Daniel wrote:
> I was just wondering if there is an up to date trained Chunker for the German language available. It seems, that on the model website [1] there are only available for the English language. If not, is there a way to train it myself? I also found this blog post [2] which provided a Chunker for german, but this is unfortunately  not compatible with the current OpenNLP version and the corpus used to train the data not available to public audience:(
>
> Any ideas?

They trained on the tiger corpus, which you can access for free as far
as I know. Would
be nice to have a little sandbox project where we share training code
for it.

I suggest that you download the english chunker model from our website,
unzip it,
replace the model in it with the model from their website (you must
ungzip it before),
then you should change the language in the contained manifest from "en"
to "de" and
zip everything again.

Jörn