Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ar...@acuityfin.com on 2002/04/01 21:50:38 UTC

Trying to setup Catus (1.2) in WebSphere Studio Application Developer 4.0.

I am a Java Developer (XP advocate) from Wisc.,  who is trying to setup
Catus (1.2) in WebSphere Studio Application Developer 4.0.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
The java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector is what is in my client catus
properties file.

1. Here is my error message when I try to run the TestSampleServlet
example.
E...........
Time: 6.14
There was 1 error:
1) testRequestDispatcher(org.apache.cactus.sample.TestSampleServlet)
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector
      at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:560)
      at
org.apache.cactus.client.AutoReadHttpURLConnection.getInputStream(AutoReadHttpURLConnection.java:127)
      at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java:136)
      at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.java:422)
      at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:130)
      at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:371)

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 12,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1

2. Here is the web.xml for my IDE web server:
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
<web-app id="WebApp">
      <display-name>Catus</display-name>
      <servlet>
            <servlet-name>SampleServlet</servlet-name>
            <display-name>SampleServlet</display-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.sample.SampleServlet</servlet-class>
      </servlet>
      <servlet>
            <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
            <display-name>ServletTestRedirector</display-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-class>
      </servlet>
      <servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>SampleServlet</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>/SampleServlet</url-pattern>
      </servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-mapping>
            <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
            <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
      </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

3. here is the Catus properties used by the client.
# Configuration file for Cactus.

cactus.servletRedirectorURL = http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector

RE: Trying to setup Catus (1.2) in WebSphere Studio Application Developer 4.0.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Maybe a spelling mistake (It says file not found "
http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector"). Missing a "c" ?
Although you seem to be consistently using "Catus" everywhere ... :-)

Anyway, try calling the Cactus redirector by typing "
http://localhost:8080/Catus/ServletRedirector" in a browser and see what
happens (have a look at the FAQ as it gives some help on that).

I've not personally used WSAD and do not know how you configure the
webapp context or port the servlet container is running on. Maybe you've
defined your context to be "cactus" instead of "catus" ... ? :)

Hope it helps,
-Vincent