Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Sourav Mitra <so...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/20 16:09:45 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Storm MySql Spout

Hello,

We have been developing a storm spout that reads off MySql Bin Logs
directly and generates the events as a stream.

Please have a look at the following project on github:

https://github.com/flipkart-incubator/storm-mysql

Its currently as a snapshot on Sonatype and will be released shortly.

Please feel free to review, raise issues.

PRs most welcome.

Thanks

Sourav Mitra

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Storm MySql Spout

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Yes GPL and Apache 2.0 are not bidirectional in their compatability.  I believe that GPL can depend on Apache code without any issues but Apache definitely cannot ship or even depend on GPL code.  We can point to it from the web page and let people know that it exists, but we cannot ship it with an apache storm release.
 - Bobby

    On Sunday, March 20, 2016 9:39 PM, Jon Logan <jm...@buffalo.edu> wrote:

 Just a heads up but the MySQL connector is GPL. I would think this would
make it prohibited to be part of the Storm repository?

Posted by Jon Logan <jm...@buffalo.edu>.

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Hi Sourav,