Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Edgar S�nchez <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/22 02:05:23 UTC

Arguments from Command-line

 Hi all...
  This is my first time sending you a message....I'm new with Ant,   I wonder if someone could tell me, how to send some values as arguments from the command line... the next is my idea, executing from the DOS window:
   ant -buildfile build2.xml 1 2 3
  1,2,3 could be the arguments I want to send to my xml, but, I don't know how to catch them into a variable or property.
  Does anyone know how to do this?

"Puedes sentirte desilusionado si fallas, pero est�s condenado si no lo intentas."

"You can get disappointed if you fail down, but you are doomed if you do not try it."

ICQ #  22338121

Make international calls for as low as $0.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger.

Re: Arguments from Command-line

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.

question was asked before, but I found the mail list
> u said.

In this case you don't even need a mail list (or a searchable archive) -
just read the documentation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/install.html#running.

While subscribing to ant-user you have probably read
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html? (Especially the part about
HTML-Mails?)

Nico

Re: Arguments from Command-line

Posted by Edgar S�nchez <ve...@yahoo.com>.
 Thanks Erik...
  as I told you I just about to register myself, so, I didn't know if that question was asked before, but I found the mail list u said.
  Thanks
VES
  Erik Hatcher <er...@earthlink.net> wrote: *arg* (command-line and otherwise :).....

please folks read the FAQ(s) prior to asking such questions and search the
e-mail list archives. This was answered just moments ago on this list.

Erik