Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rees Watkins <ga...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/09/18 16:50:05 UTC

Accounts - Purchase Invoice

Hi

I have been studying the accounts closely because I need to implement VAT amongst other things.

We seem to be setting the incorrect type ( invoice_item_type ) into a field that requires ( gl_account_type )

in the set statement <set field="debitEntry.glAccountTypeId" from-field="invoiceItem.invoiceItemTypeId"/> found in <simple-method method-name="createAcctgTransForPurchaseInvoice" > in file GeneralledgerService.xml

This means that the value will always default in <simple-method method-name="getGlAccountFromAccountType" short-description="Look up a GlAccountId from GlAccountTypeId"> to UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT for a purchase order.

From the user perspective:
When adding a new item to a purchase invoice the user can select an Invoice Item Type.
I do not think the user choice has any effect on the accounts. I think no matter what selection is made the result for the accounts is an entry in UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT.

Is this intentional? I am not currently able to suggest a solution but feel it would be better to set the field to UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT directly..

Kind regards
Rees

Re: Accounts - Purchase Invoice

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
Hi Rees,
inline

Rees Watkins wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been studying the accounts closely because I need to implement VAT
> amongst other things.
>
> We seem to be setting the incorrect type (  invoice_item_type) into a
> field that requires ( gl_account_type )

I agree. Setting invoice_item_type in gl_account_type field seems
meaningless as they are different values. That's why searching on
ProductCategoryGlAccount and ProducGlAccount doesn't give results.
>From all this, I think assigning glAccounts to products or categories is not
working .

Rees Watkins wrote:

> in the set statement <set field="debitEntry.glAccountTypeId"
> from-field="invoiceItem.invoiceItemTypeId"/> found in <simple-method
> method-name="createAcctgTransForPurchaseInvoice" > in file
> GeneralledgerService.xml
>
> This means that the value will always default in <simple-method
> method-name="getGlAccountFromAccountType" short-description="Look up a
> GlAccountId from GlAccountTypeId"> to UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT for a purchase
> order.
>
> From the user perspective:
> When adding a new item to a purchase invoice the user can select an
> Invoice Item Type.
> I do not think the user choice has any effect on the accounts. I think no
> matter what selection is made the result for the accounts is an entry in
> UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT.
>

> Is this intentional? I am not currently able to suggest a solution but
> feel it would be better to set the field to UNINVOICED_SHIP_RCPT
> directly..

One solution could be to find defaultGlAccountId of the invoiceItemTypeId,
and then use its glAccountTypeId instead of invoiceItemTypeId.

Bilgin

Re: Accounts - Purchase Invoice

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@9business.fr>.
Quick and late answer. Yes this seems intentional. I'm not sure it will help but you could have a look at AutoAcctgTransTests.xml

Jacques

From: "Rees Watkins" <ga...@yahoo.co.uk>
Hi