Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Etienne Lacombe <et...@scientology.net> on 2007/09/20 03:35:37 UTC

Preventing certain users from sending mail

Hello,

This may be a point covered in the documentation but I could not see how to do
that. I want only specific accounts to be able to send emails and all the
other can only receive. Specifically, I want my build server application and
bug tracking to be able to send emails to the developers who have each an
email account setup on James. However, I don't want the developers to be able
to send emails through it.

All applications that can send emails are currently on the same PC. This may
change in the future. All use fixed IP address.

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks, Etienne

Re: Preventing certain users from sending mail

Posted by Gary Jarrel <ga...@gmail.com>.
Although not 100% sure about the second paragraph, I think you can use
a matcher along the lines of RemoteAddrNotInNetwork=127.0.0.1 and
every time an email is received from an address outside you computer
it can be disposed of, however all the others can pass!

I'm quite new to James myself, but am using a similar approach in one
of our development projects!

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Gary