Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tom <to...@autosoftdms.com> on 2007/01/26 21:34:49 UTC

cannot opendir /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007

Hi there
I have a machine running Fedora Core 6 with Postfix and am attempting to
get the most recent Spamassassin running.
I check my /var/log/maillog and I keep seeing the error listed below

-----------------------Error----------------------------------------------
config: cannot opendir /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007: Permission denied
-----------------------Error----------------------------------------------

What exactly do I need to do to resolve this?
I am a newbie to linux

Re: cannot opendir /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Tom wrote:
> Hi there
> I have a machine running Fedora Core 6 with Postfix and am attempting to
> get the most recent Spamassassin running.
> I check my /var/log/maillog and I keep seeing the error listed below

> config: cannot opendir /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007: Permission denied
>
> What exactly do I need to do to resolve this?
> I am a newbie to linux

Whatever user spamd is running as needs read access to
/var/lib/spamassassin.

Daryl