Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by James Yong <ja...@apache.org> on 2020/05/04 12:54:51 UTC

Upgrade Gradle and Groovy

Hi all,

Current Gradle version used in OFBiz trunk is 5.0.
Propose to update to Gradle 6.3 which is the current stable version.

Gradle 6.3 requires groovy 2.5.10., but Groovy version used in OFBiz trunk is 2.5.4
Suggest to upgrade Groovy to 2.5.11 which is the current stable version.

For Gradle upgrade, I run:
./gradlew wrapper --gradle-version=6.3 --distribution-type=bin

For Groovy upgrade, I updated the build.gradle with the new Groovy version.

So far, no issue encountered with the upgrades on my side.

Let me know if any concerns.
Plan to create JIRA issue for the upgrades by next week.

Regards,
James

Re: Upgrade Gradle and Groovy

Posted by James Yong <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks Jacques.

I have created OFBIZ-11661 for this.

Correction: Groovy version used in OFBiz trunk is 2.5.8, not 2.5.4

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi James,