Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/14 18:16:14 UTC

Archiva reference docs

I published the Archiva reference docs using the same /ref/$version
pattern that Maven uses.  Once the site syncs, you should see
something here...
   http://maven.apache.org/archiva/ref/1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT

Not sure what, exactly, as I didn't stage it first. :)

As mentioned in the 'problems' thread, I commented out Cobertura
because it was breaking things.  I also dropped the archiva-site
module from the default list so it can be published separately.

(Speaking of modules, we probably should put archiva-site in a profile
so it can be picked up for mvn idea:idea.  And is maven-meeper really
Archiva-related or should it live somewhere else?)

--
Wendy

Re: Archiva reference docs

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/14/07, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Cool, thanks Wendy!

As mentioned somewhere (because I remember typing it...) I symlinked
'latest' to these snapshot docs, so:

   http://maven.apache.org/archiva/ref/latest/

And the Javadoc:  http://maven.apache.org/archiva/ref/latest/apidocs/

Here are some examples of the new toy (UMLGraph) in action:

http://maven.apache.org/archiva/ref/latest/apidocs/org/apache/maven/archiva/repository/layout/BidirectionalRepositoryLayoutFactory.html

http://maven.apache.org/archiva/ref/latest/apidocs/org/apache/maven/archiva/consumers/database/ArtifactUpdateDatabaseConsumer.html

http://maven.apache.org/archiva/ref/latest/apidocs/org/apache/maven/archiva/configuration/package-summary.html

--
Wendy

Re: Archiva reference docs

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Cool, thanks Wendy!

On 15/10/2007, at 12:16 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> (Speaking of modules, we probably should put archiva-site in a profile
> so it can be picked up for mvn idea:idea.  And is maven-meeper really
> Archiva-related or should it live somewhere else?)

IMO, they should both move out of trunk. Still have the proposal for
the site sitting in the mail to this list some time back...

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org

Re: Archiva reference docs

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
> I published the Archiva reference docs using the same /ref/$version
> pattern that Maven uses.  Once the site syncs, you should see
> something here...
>    http://maven.apache.org/archiva/ref/1.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT

The second pass is syncing now, it should have both PMD results and
UML diagrams.  (PMD wasn't working due to missing config for JDK 1.5.)

To get the UML diagrams, you'll need the Graphviz 'dot' executable
available on your path.  If you don't have it, I think the rest of the
Javadoc works but you'll get a broken image where the diagram should
be.

You can find Graphviz info and downloads here:  http://www.graphviz.org/

--
Wendy