Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by phreakocious <ph...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/13 18:09:51 UTC

custom authentication provider development

Hi folks,

I've spent a bit of time trying to implement a custom authentication
provider that can interact with the jdbc/mysql extension.  Ideally, I'd
like any user authenticated by my module to get a standard set of
permissions and be committed to the database automatically.  The
development guide seems to suggest it's possible, but I've not been able to
make it work.  Trying to do these operations through my UserContext objects
fails (at least) due to the permissions enforcement in the jdbc module.
I've also tried creating a sort of "proxy" AuthenticatedUser/UserContext
for an admin user from my module but I'm not able to determine how to run
it through the full auth process to have it decorated with the added
permissions.

Hopefully this makes sense and any guidance you can provide would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: custom authentication provider development

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

> I've spent a bit of time trying to implement a custom authentication
> provider that can interact with the jdbc/mysql extension.  Ideally, I'd
> like any user authenticated by my module to get a standard set of
> permissions and be committed to the database automatically.  The
> development guide seems to suggest it's possible, but I've not been able to
> make it work.  Trying to do these operations through my UserContext objects
> fails (at least) due to the permissions enforcement in the jdbc module.
> I've also tried creating a sort of "proxy" AuthenticatedUser/UserContext
> for an admin user from my module but I'm not able to determine how to run
> it through the full auth process to have it decorated with the added
> permissions.

This makes sense, but lacks some details that might be required to provide
any assistance.  It would be useful to either see the source code or have a
more detailed explanation of what permissions you're trying to apply, what
you've tried in your module, and what permissions errors or other log
messages you're seeing.

-Nick

Fwd: custom authentication provider development