Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Priya M <pr...@palmtreeinfotech.com> on 2012/07/07 09:25:10 UTC

User is not allowed to impersonate error while running oozie job

Hi,

We get the following error saying logged in user "hduser" is not allowed to
impersonate "priya". CDH4 was installed as hduser and oozie is also
installed under hduser, user "priya" is yet another user in our ubuntu
machine. We are trying to run this oozie job as "hduser". Not sure why this
happens?

oozie-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT-distro/oozie-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/oozie job -oozie
http://localhost:11000/oozie -config
/home/hduser/cloudera/hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.0.0/examples/apps/map-reduce/job.properties
-run

Error: E0501 : E0501: Could not perform authorization operation, User:
hduser is not allowed to impersonate priya

Thanks,
- Priya

Re: User is not allowed to impersonate error while running oozie job

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
You have to configure your Hadoop cluster to with a proxyuser setting for
the unix user running oozie.

This is explained in the instructions, please let us know if you don't find
that info.

thx

--
Alejandro