Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralph Einfeldt <ra...@uptime-isc.de> on 2001/06/19 11:33:19 UTC

AW: Help Required on Apache-Tomcat Architecture

The number of users doesn't mean much unless
you provide some numbers about their activity
and the type of application you are runing.

What numbers of users tomcat can serve depends
on several parameters:
  the number of requests per second
  the number of bytes sent per request
  the number of concurrent users
  the hardware tomcat is running on
  the linespeed of the internet connection
  the type of your application
    (1000 requests to hello.world are quite different to
     1000 requests to get all products that match *abc* from a
     database)