Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com> on 2008/01/10 12:03:33 UTC

Shouldn't this work?

I've got the following in a page inside a displaytag table;

<s:checkbox name="#attr.userPermission.id" theme="simple"
value="#attr.userPermission.startable"/>

What I would expect to see for an entry with the id 1234 set to true would
be something along the lines of;

<input type="checkbox" name="1234" value="true"/>

What I actually see is;

<input type="checkbox" name="#attr.userPermission.id" value="true"
id="UpdateProcessPermissions_#attr_userPermission_id"/>

Shouldn't the name attribute be evaluated?, and if it's not how do I get the
id of an object to be the name of the checkbox?

Ta,

Al.

RE: Shouldn't this work?

Posted by Al Sutton <al...@alsutton.com>.
Your a genius (or at least in my book) :).

I looked at the ftl template for checkbox and thought using #attr would get
the same result in both fields, but as soon as I switched to %{#attr
everything worked.

Thanks.

Al.

The name attribute is assumed to be an string, as that would be the most
common use case. Just use %{expr} and it will work as you expect.

musachy

Re: Shouldn't this work?

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.