Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hemal Shah <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/19 23:32:52 UTC

Struts2 + JQuery Plugin

Hi,
I want to use JQuery with Struts 2.
I did search and found jQuery plugin at http://code.google.com/p/s2jquery

Is anyone aware about other jQuery plugins?
Could anyone please recommend me which jQuery plugin I should use?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Hemal Shah

Re: Struts2 + JQuery Plugin

Posted by dusty <du...@yahoo.com>.
There should be a rule:

"If you can't write it by hand, then you shouldn't use a tag to automate
it."

This goes triple for Javascript.  Once things start emitting Javascript, if
you don't know what they are doing and why, you are headed for trouble.
Look at the Dojo questions in the mailing list for a good example of this
phenomena.

Re: Struts2 + JQuery Plugin

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Hemal Shah <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I am ready to help out what's best way to get in touch with you ?
> By sending email in user list or dev list ?

Yes, and posting issues and patches into JIRA -

https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/Dashboard.jspa

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice

Re: Struts2 + JQuery Plugin

Posted by Hemal Shah <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts2 + JQuery Plugin

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Hemal Shah wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use JQuery with Struts 2.
> I did search and found jQuery plugin at http://code.google.com/p/s2jquery

Don't use that one--it's not going to be developed and I'll remove it
from Google Code. We (where I worked) ended up using straight JavaScript
with jQuery.

There were too many issues to make it worth the effort--we were being
very accessibility and unobtrusive-JavaScript oriented; a good tag-based
  JavaScript solution needs to collect and inject JavaScript in the
response outside of the main HTML (as well as a few other games) so it
just wasn't a good path for us.

Re: Struts2 + JQuery Plugin

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
On Thursday 19 March 2009 18:32:52 Hemal Shah wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use JQuery with Struts 2.
> I did search and found jQuery plugin at http://code.google.com/p/s2jquery
>
> Is anyone aware about other jQuery plugins?
> Could anyone please recommend me which jQuery plugin I should use?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Hemal Shah

We have been working on a plugin in the struts sandbox. We are very early in
development, so I don't know if I would use it for a high-traffic production
app.

If you're willing to help out, and *very* adventurous, grab the plugin from
the sandbox and try it out. I'd love patches and suggestions!

-Wes