Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de> on 2005/01/20 17:07:33 UTC

project specific changes for plugins

Hi!

Is there a way to make project-specific changes
to plugins?

We want to adapt the sdocbook-plugin to support
some special "roles" we defined for our documents.

Thanks
Johannes

Ludwigsburg
Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

Burmester
www.user-interface-tuning.de

Attraktivität von interaktiven Produkten messen mit
www.attrakdiff.de

Re: project specific changes for plugins

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>> I'll keep an eye out for your useful patches ;-)
>

> Sidenote: what about the Excel plugin?!
>   http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-373

Nothing wrong with gentle reminders :-))

I'm swamped with a commercial project at present, part of this has me
doing some work on using Cocoon blocks as plugins within Forrest.
Therefore my local version of Forrest is currently highly customised,
but not ready to be committed.

I *will* take a look at your plugin and make it available, but it may be
another week or so. (although now you have reminded me it may be quicker).

Ross

Re: project specific changes for plugins

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
<snip/>
> I'll keep an eye out for your useful patches ;-)

Sidenote: what about the Excel plugin?!
   http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-373

js

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Our changes are pretty general:
>   *sDocBook*           *forrest-document*
>   <example>        --> <note label="Example">

Makes sense.

>   <note role="A">  --> <note class="A">

I'm not familiar with docbook, but if role is analogous to class in HTML
then I think this should be included in the plugin too.

> Don't know if there was more ... the pretty-printer
> did a good job and now diff's output is unusable :-(

As a general rule, anything that improves on the current presentation by
utilising legitimate sdocbook elements and attributes would be accepted
in the central plugin. If other people have made use of these
elements/attributes in different ways they must have customised the
stylesheets anyway which means that our changes will not affect them.

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
Our changes are pretty general:
   *sDocBook*           *forrest-document*
   <example>        --> <note label="Example">
   <note role="A">  --> <note class="A">
   <anchor> commented out (it's not a sDocBook tag),
      actually don't know the reason why we removed it.

Don't know if there was more ... the pretty-printer
did a good job and now diff's output is unusable :-(

We'll have to deliver a complete forrest-project
to one of our customers and I would really like
to keep the changes out of forrest.

And for experimenting in a multi-user setting (one
forrest, multiple authors in different projects) it
seems wise not to mess with forrest.

Would be great to contribute to DocBook-support,
though ;-)

Cheers
Johannes

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.