Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Navis류승우 <na...@nexr.com> on 2012/10/10 11:06:31 UTC

Re: Book 'Programming Hive' from O'Reilly now available!

Great works!

Ant I've heard our team will translate your book into Korean. Let's sell it
a lot. ^^

Regards,
Navis

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.
Read the book cover to cover.

I feel like so many different areas have been filled in with my Hive
knowledge. WONDERFUL book.

One question:  With RCFile, does Block compression with GZIP work like
SequenceFiles where by using RCFILE + BLOCK + GZIP you actually get some of
the benefits of splitable compresses  due to how the records are compressed?

(The reason for the question is that was one question I had after reading
the sections on Sequence files and RCFile)

Posted by Alexander Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.
Awesome! Order placed.

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz