Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Andrew Paterson <an...@hotmail.com> on 2015/10/08 20:48:02 UTC

Projects feed

Dear Sir/Madam,
I'm interested in visualizing the metadata around Apache Projects to aid my understanding of them. Is there a publicly available data feed of any description available to use as a data source? The data I'm interested in is that presented on https://projects.apache.org/.
Yours faithfully,
Andrew Paterson

Re: Projects feed

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Mike Kienenberger wrote on 10/15/15 4:50 PM:
> I was hoping someone who was more knowledgeable would speak up.
>
> I recommend reading through this thread and looking at the various
> links as it deals with the same idea:
>
> Subject: Project Visualization Tool...
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCALznzY42fB7bbvDvUvwSJirUQtkLqYwCwA2E3UpnkymLc7WD=A@mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Probably accessing each project's DOAP file is the way to go.  Either
> than or screen-scraping the new projects web page.

Similarly, looking through the code that generates that website's data
structures is a good idea.

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/projects.apache.org/
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/reporter.apache.org/

Note that the reporter tool takes many of the same bits of data, but
then produces commiter-private reports about each project's metrics; so
some of the code (or data sources) you won't necessarily be authorized
to access unless you're a committer on a specific project.

- Shane

Re: Projects feed

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Subject: Project Visualization Tool...