Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov> on 2005/10/12 23:05:51 UTC

[OT] PDFs and apache 2.0.54

This is really off-topic, but I haven't found a good place to look into this
issue.  I have a set of pdfs on my server (2.0.54, macos 10.4.2) that I am
serving statically, some of which I can download appropriately.  However, it
appears that PDFs with images (?) do not download properly and are corrupted
and only partially downloaded.  Googling produces some hits, but the problem
still seems elusive.  Any ideas, or direct me to the appropriate forum (I
tried comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix to no avail) if possible.  These
worked fine under Apache1.3.

Thanks for any insight.
Sean

These work:
http://watson.nhgri.nih.gov/sarcoma/DFSP%20Ontology.pdf
http://watson.nhgri.nih.gov/sarcoma/Table%20D_MFH_GeneList.pdf

These don't:
http://watson.nhgri.nih.gov/sarcoma/Table%20A_AllTumor_GeneList.pdf
http://watson.nhgri.nih.gov/sarcoma/BairdSUPPLEMENT1.pdf

File sizes (bytes):
364309 Apr 19 16:32 BairdSUPPLEMENT1.pdf
294707 Apr 19 16:32 Table A_AllTumor_GeneList.pdf

Re: [OT] PDFs and apache 2.0.54

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.
On 10/12/05 5:48 PM, "Perrin Harkins" <pe...@elem.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 17:05 -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
>> Any ideas, or direct me to the appropriate forum (I
>> tried comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix to no avail) if possible.
>
> I think you want the httpd-users mailing list:
> http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users
>
> - Perrin

Thanks, Perrin.

Sean

Re: [OT] PDFs and apache 2.0.54

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] PDFs and apache 2.0.54

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
FYI - if it passes all tests, 2.0.55 flies tomorrow.

If you care to test the CANDIDATE (this is NOT a release, yet) you
can have a peek in http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.

On 10/12/05 6:13 PM, "Uzo Madujibeya" <uz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sean,
> i have had this problem with pdf's and mp3 files. 2.0.54 is buggy beyond
> belief!
>
> upgrade to 2.1.8 which i did.. and this resolved all of my problems

I'm a mod_perl user.  How is the compatibility?

Sean

Re: [users@httpd] PDFs and apache 2.0.54

Posted by Uzo Madujibeya <uz...@gmail.com>.
Sean,