Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Simon Waddington <Si...@ZapNetworks.com> on 2000/03/04 01:35:59 UTC

Multiple apps, one Cocoon?

Should I be able to have multiple web applications running with one instance
of Cocoon?

I'm using Tomcat 3.1 and Cocoon 1.6.1 and I was trying to run two separate
web apps that have pages with the same names but are in different
directories.   The behaviour I see is that if I access /app1/home.xml and
then /app2/home.xml or for that matter any page under /app2 I will only see
content for /app1  Coccon caching is disabled.  I can imagine this might be
a tomcat problem but without Cocoon it works fine (albeit with raw XML
served).  My tomcat server.xml looks like this:

        <Context path="/" docBase="null"
            defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="true"
            isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
            isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

	<Context path="/app1" docBase="app1"
	    defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="true"
	    isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
	    isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

	<Context path="/app2" docBase="app2"
	    defaultSessionTimeOut="30" isWARExpanded="true"
	    isWARValidated="false" isInvokerEnabled="true"
	    isWorkDirPersistent="false"/>

Any ideas?  Or should I use two separate servlet engines (I'd rather not) ?

Simon