Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Brian Galura <Br...@citrix.com> on 2013/07/10 18:07:18 UTC

vm stuck in stopping state

I am using the latest CloudPlatform with XenServer 6.1 and I have a Windows vm stuck in 'Stopping' state in the UI. This vm is no longer present on any hypervisor. I don't need this instance or its disk. How can I safely remove this from the UI and be confident its disk is also expunged?

Re: vm stuck in stopping state

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
did you mean cloudstack? cloudplatform is a citrix product, i'd assume
comes with support. Either way vmsync isnt capturing the state of your vm.
what one can do is create a db backup, and modify the state of the vm...
with something like:

update vm_instance set state='Stopped' where id = <id of vm>;

then you should be able to take action from the UI or API.