Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Suresh Dhanasekaran <su...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/05 07:01:58 UTC

match number parameter of the regular expression extractor

I am now facing a difficulty on creating the script, in order to parameterize
a value from the dynamic field drop down, we used regular expressions for
extracting the same,  but there are many such patterns(<option value= ) in
the source file. We can use the match number parameter of the regular
expression extractor, but it’s possible that this is going to change based
on the number of fields in the application.
Please advice.

Thanks in Advance
Suresh D

Re: match number parameter of the regular expression extractor

Posted by Suresh Dhanasekaran <su...@gmail.com>.
Thanks sebb,

now i can able to extract the data, as ur direction

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Pick some surrounding text that uniquely identifies the particular
value you want to extract, and include that in the RE.

Doesn't the <option> tag have a "name" attribute you could use?

S.