Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mark W. Webb" <ma...@dolphtech.com> on 2003/04/23 21:48:44 UTC

can I pause a context ?

I was wondering if it is possible to pause a context?  I have an administrative application that will create configuration data that needs to be read by my servlets.  When the admin app creates the config data, I would like to pause a context so that the servlets could re-read the data.

Re: Error 500 - need help

Posted by Kevin Williams <kw...@tarity.com>.
Not sure if this helps, but the definition of an HTTP 500 error is as
follows:

The server encountered an error. This is most often caused by a
scripting problem, a failed database access attempt, or other similar
reasons.

Did you add some javascript or has your database crashed?

Kevin

Error 500 - need help

Re: can I pause a context ?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
The easy kludge is to use a filter than "denies" access while your reload is
occuring.

-Tim

Re: can I pause a context ?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Doing a "stop" in the manager web-app is pretty close to what you want.